Monday, June 19, 2006

The Adoration of the Sacred Head of Christ as the Seat of Divine Wisdom, the crowning and perfection of all devotions

Haupt Christi - The Sacred Head of Christ

On April 27th 1880, Teresa Higginson wrote in a tone of triumph and in a trembling hand as though still half rapt in ecstasy:

“Our divine Lord says the time is at hand when the Wisdom of the Father shall be adored and the Love of God for man shall be revealed in the Light which shineth in darkness and enlighteneth every man that cometh into the world. It is the Will of our dear Blessed Lord that His Sacred Head be adored as the Seat of Divine Wisdom: not the Sacred Head alone, (I mean as we worship His sacred Hands and Feet) no, but the Head as the shrine of the powers of the Soul and the faculties of the Mind and in these the Wisdom which guided every affection of the Sacred Heart and motions of the whole Being of Jesus our Lord and our God. It is not His divine Will that the attributes or abstracts of the soul or mind, or that divine Wisdom which guided, governed and directed all in Him (the God Man) should have a distinct worship, but that they should all be specially honoured and His sacred Head adored as their Temple. And our dear Blessed Lord has shown me too how the head is also the centre of all the senses of the body, and that this devotion is the completion, not only of the devotion of the Sacred Heart, but the crowning and perfection of all devotions; and He showed me how the adorable Trinity at His baptism revealed to the world this special devotion, for His Sacred Humanity is the tabernacle of the thrice holy Trinity; and that St. John had specially spoken of this devotion for the Most High revealed to him that he should be thus worshipped before the end of the world, and he spoke of it as a magnificent city, etc. seeing the multitudes of variety and beauty and splendour of this Seat of divine Wisdom. It is a world of infinite magnitude, a sea of fathomless depths, a never setting sun of light inaccessible and immeasurable heights of untold mysteries of perfection and beauty. Our dear Blessed Lord did not positively state the precise time that this should be made a public devotion but He gave me to understand that whoever should venerate His sacred Head in this manner should draw down on themselves the choicest gifts of Heaven; and those who shall try by words or means to hinder or reject it shall be as glass that is cast down, or as an egg that is thrown to the wall, that is that they shall be shattered and become as naught, and shall be dried up and wither as grass on the housetop.

Learn more

4 comments:

Peter Crumley said...

Greetings,

Thank you very much for this most enriching material. Good material concerning Adoration of the Sacred
Head of Christ does not abound. I am grateful for your sharing excellent material regarding this most important devotion.

Kindest regards,
Peter in Illinois

Anonymous said...

When I found (or rather was guided) to the booklet in our Church on the Adoration of the Sacred Head of Christ, my whole body filled with immense bright white light. It was as if I was being electrified by the Power of the Sacred Head of Christ. I carried the booklet with me and the booklet and the prayers within it have continued to shine very brightly. Last night I sat in prayer with the Sacred Head of Christ and the message I received back from my prayers was that the Adoration of The Sacred Head was a gift from God and I was told to spend time reading the Bible. The next thing that transpired in my inner vision was the image of the Bible I was holding in my mind emitted a bright beam of Light that struck me right in my heart. So loving and beautiful, this light filled me as did the prayers of the Adoration of the Sacred Head. I have felt immensely blessed and filled with God's miraculous live ever since! This love is so alive and present today!
Blessings,
Denise in California

Anonymous said...

I've searched 'high and low' on the internet and can't seem to locate any prayer booklets on the Adoration of the Sacred Head of Jesus. I would love to distribute them along with the above photo to the people in my prayer group.

Anonymous said...

The devotion to Sacred Head should be spread.I have really experinced the power,grace and miracles from this devotion.Kindly pray for all my intentions.Especially for my healing of blood
sugar,weakness of my body,knee pain,constipation and other physical
sickness which I have .Pray to solve all my financial problems and to
get my share of my father's property.Also for a very good job.For
protection from my enemies.For guidance in my relation with Baby,Moidu
and TNK and Ajith.For my deliverance from bondages and afflictions,powers of darkness,evil spirits and curses.

Thank you,

Mary Agnes India