"Jesus has loved me and has given himself up for me" (Ga. 2, 20).
Chaplet of Mercy
This chaplet begins with the following aspirations:
- O Jesus, Divine Redeemer, be merciful to us and to the whole world.
- Holy God, Strong God, Immortal God, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
- Grace and mercy, o my Jesus, in the present dangers; cover us with your most precious Blood.
- O Eternal Father, be merciful to us through the Blood of your only Son; be merciful to us, we beseech You.
"MY JESUS, PARDON AND MERCY; THROUGH THE MERITS OF YOUR HOLY WOUNDS".
On the larger beads of the rosary we say:
"Eternal Father, I offer you the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ; to heal those of our souls".
ORIGIN OF THE INVOCATIONS
Sister Marie-Marthe Chambon, the humble lay sister of the Visitation of Chambéry who died in odour of sanctity, March 21, 1907, attests having received the two invocations together with magnificent promises from Our Lord Jesus Christ.
- I will grant all that is solicited from Me through the invocation of my holy Wounds. This devotion must be spread.
- In truth, this devotion comes not from earth but from heaven. It can obtain everything.
- My holy Wounds support the world... ask me to like them constantly, for they are the source of graces. One must invoke them often, attract others to them and instill this devotion in the souls.
- When you suffer sorrows, promptly confide them to my Wounds and they will be alleviated.
- The following aspirations must be repeated often to sick persons: "My Jesus, pardon and mercy..." etc. This prayer will soothe both body and soul.
- And the sinner who will say: "Eternal Father, I offer You the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ..." etc., will obtain conversion.
- My Wounds shall heal yours.
- There shall be no death for the souls who will pass out in my Wounds. They give the true life.
- For each word of the Chaplet of Mercy that you will pronounce, I will allow a drop of my Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner.
- The soul who will have honoured my holy Wounds and will have offered them to the Eternal Father for the souls in Purgatory shall be accompanied by the Blessed Virgin and the Angels at the hour of their death and I, in my radiant glory, will receive them and crown them.
- The holy Wounds are the treasure of treasures for the souls in Purgatory.
- The Devotion to my Wounds is the remedy to these times of iniquity.
- Fruits of sanctity pour out of my Wounds.
- By meditating upon them you shall acquire new food for love.
- My child, if you dip your actions in my holy Wounds, they shall acquire value; your smallest actions covered with my Blood shall satisfy my Heart.
- My holy Wounds must be offered to my Eternal Father. Through them the Church shall triumph, being helped by my Immaculate Mother.
Note: The leaflets are distributed FREE OF CHARGE to whoever asks for them. However all voluntary offerings to help promote the diffusion of the Devotion will be gratefully accepted.
The Companions of Jesus +, 3505, Bagot Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H1C 1C4, Telephone: (514) 376-8502